How should we welcome Ramadan?
Before the arrival of Ramadan, the habits we need to inculcate to make our Ramadan a success:
- Repentance and begging for forgiveness of Allah
- Feeling pleasure on the arrival of Ramadan
- To avoid mentioning the hardships of hunger, thirst, hot weather etc to prevent from losing out Ajr (reward) of fasting
- Ramadan is the month of blessings and forgiveness. So, without feeling any constraints, welcome Ramadan happily and wholeheartedly.
- Feeling pleasure in performing good deeds and displeasure in committing sins.
Sign of Eman (Faith):
Allah SWT Mentions in Quran:
"......Allah has endeared to you the faith and has made it pleasing in your hearts and has made hateful to you disbelief, defiance and disobedience. Those are the [rightly] guided"
This ayah shows that feeling pleasure in doing good deeds while displeasure in committing sins is a sign of Eman (faith).
Who is a Momin (Believer)?
A person who is burdened by the weight of a mountain (of sins) even if he has committed a small sin comparable to the wing of a house fly, is regarded as a Momin, a true believer.
Who is a Munafiq (hypocrite)?
If a person has committed sins comparable to mountains (large number of sins) but still does not feel any remorse or regret, then that person is a Munafiq
O Allah! Adorn our hearts with Eman! Make each and every part of our body, a doer of good deeds! Make attainment of Hidayah our foremost objective! Ameen